Tue, Jun 20, 2017 - Thu, Jun 22, 2017
Start Time 8:30 AM
End Time 3:30 PM
Registration opens at 7:30 a.m.
Fri, Jun 2, 2017
TED-style Talks- Fast-paced 15 minute sessions to expose participants to great ideas.
Corresponding Breakout Sessions- 75 minute sessions providing the skills and knowledge to use the great ideas.
Full Day Workshops- Two-day offering providing participants content and practice to implement new learning with students.
Breakout sessions focusing on literacy, math, communication, and general interest topics, including:
- Improving Classroom Culture to Improve Student Learning&Engagement
- Communication is Needed to Build Relationships
- Math Instruction that Works
- How Technology Supports Student Learning
- Personal Curriculum: Individualizing the Rigor and Relevance of the Michigan Merit Curriculum for ALL Student
Full Day Workshops:
- Accessible Materials Made Right
- Foundations of Math: Teaching Students with Significant Disabilities (2 Day-Preview)
- Let's Expand Your Toolbox: Instructional Strategies that Support AAC&Language Implementation Across the Day
- Making it better, together! Supporting and Strengthening Instructional Practices through Coaching
- PODD - Pragmatic Organization Dynamic Display 2-Day Introductory Course
- Powering English Language Arts and Math and Standards for Every Student
- The Journey to Assistive Technology Success: From Consideration to Implementation
Speaker Encounter Reception
Join us after the sessions for our first Speaker Encounter Reception on Tuesday, June 20. Speakers will each host a table at which participants may engage with speakers through questions, conversation, and networking while enjoying appetizers and soft drinks.
Summer Institute attendees are asked to RSVP on the registration form to attend the reception.
Blocks of rooms have been reserved for summer institute participants at a reduced rate. Make sure to reserve your room before the cut off date.
Please contact the hotel directly to make reservations. To make a reservation at the conference rate, you must provide the reservation code provided on the lodging list.